Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Money 3 (Business Mad Lib)

The Parable of the Bags of Gold

14 “Again, it will be like a business man going on a journey, who called his employees and entrusted his corporation to them. 15 To one he gave $5,000, to another $2,000, and to another  $1,000,[a] each according to his ability. Then he went on his journey. 16 The man who had received $5,000 went at once and put his money to work and gained  $5,000 more. 17 So also, the one with $2,000 gained $2,000 more. 18 But the man who had received one $1,000 bag went off, dug a hole in the ground and hid his master’s money.
19 “After a long time the business man of those employees returned and settled accounts with them. 20 The man who had received $5,000 of gold brought the other five. ‘Sir,’ he said, ‘you entrusted me with $5,000. See, I have gained five more.’
21 “His boss replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your boss’s happiness!’
22 “The man with $2,000 also came. ‘Sir,’ he said, ‘you entrusted me with $2,000; see, I have gained two more.’
23 “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your boss’s happiness!’
24 “Then the man who had received $1,000 came. ‘Sir,’ he said, "I know you get products from places that I'm not familiar withI know you have money and I don't have enough, so I'm not doing anything extra for you and I'm not going to risk losing your money because I don't get paid enough to pay you back if I lost it. 25 So I was afraid and went out and hid your $1,000 in the ground. See, here is what belongs to you.’
26 “His master replied, ‘You wicked, lazy employee! So you knew that I get products from places that you are not familiar with? 27 Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers (I'm sorry, with these type of returns you can and will not get this from a bank;-), so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest.
28 “‘So take the $1,000 from him and give it to the one who has $10,000. 29 For whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. This employee is fired and will not make money with my company again.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment